At The Granite House, we believe that education is a valuable asset when pursuing a career or passion in life. With tuition costs increasing each year, it has become more difficult for those seeking higher education to finance their aspirations, which is why we are excited to announce the TGH Scholarship Essay Competition.
Those interested in entering are asked to write an essay on the topic below. Your essay will be judged on the quality of content, ingenuity, completeness, and adherence to the prompt topic.
The winning essay contestant will receive $1,000 to put toward their tuition fees.
Scholarship Award Details
1st Place: $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility Submission Requirements
To be eligible to partake in the scholarship contest, individuals must meet some of the following criteria:
- Be a current student pursuing a college or university degree (Associate’s, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate), or a trade certification in a technical institution
- Actively enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution
- Be 18+ on date of entry
Write your essay in response to the following prompt:
As each person has a different set of memories and experiences, they will also often have a special place or environment that has a lot of meaning for them. This might be somewhere that provides an escape from the stress of everyday life, or simply make you feel happy and peaceful.
Do you have a favorite place where you feel happiest? This could be your childhood home, a beach in your hometown, family’s kitchen, a garden. Explain the significance of this place and what makes it so meaningful for you.
Essay Submission Guidelines
When submitting your essay, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Essay must be 100% original, written by you
- Final submission does not exceed 1,500 words
- Essay submission deadline: December 15, 2020
- Scholarships will be awarded for Spring 2021 semester directly to the winner’s school through the financial aid department
How to Enter:
To submit an essay for review in our scholarship contest:
- Meet all eligibility requirements
- Write an original essay response to the one the prompts
- Submit your essay entry via email (with Subject: “Scholarship Essay Submission”)
Please be sure to include your name, age, university/college institution, and preferred email.
Winners will be notified by email on December 31, 2020.
If you have any questions please contact us.
Winning essays will be featured on our website at granitehouserecovery.com.